You must be aware of the importance of PAN card and since you are on this page, we are assuming that you would have already applied for the PAN Card. In this article, we are going to share the steps to check the status of the PAN card so that you can track the PAN Card after the application procedure is complete.
There are a couple of different ways to track the PAN Card and below is the step by step details of each and every way.
Table of Contents
Checking the PAN Card with TIN-NSDL Website
You would have used the TIN-NSDL portal to apply for PAN Card initially. You can use the same portal to check the status of the PAN Card. If you wish to use this portal to check the status of the PAN Card then you can follow the steps listed below
- Visit the website for TIN-NSDL Portal with help of the link https://www.tin-nsdl.com/
- Click on Online Services and then click on PAN from the drop-down You will be navigated to a new page. Select Track Your PAN Application Status from there.
- If you are unable to find the link then you can click directly on https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- Select the application type and enter the acknowledgement number here to get the PAN Status. The status will now be displayed on your screen.
Checking the PAN Card with UTI PAN Form
UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited have made it quite easy for people to track the PAN card. If you have your Application Number for the New PAN Card Request or if you have your PAN Card number for existing PAN Card request then you can follow the steps listed below.
- Visit the UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited website by navigating to https://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward
- This page will direly take you to the webpage which is used to track the status of the PAN Card. Once you are on the page, enter the Application Number or PAN Number along with the captcha code.
- Click on the submit button and the status of the PAN Card will now be displayed.
There are two more ways to track the PAN Card, these are not online methods but they can be used for checking the PAN Card status via SMS Facility and via Phone. Below are the details for the same.
Checking the PAN Card with SMS
If you wish to track the PAN Card status via SMS then you can send an SMS on 57575 and the content of the message should be NSDLPAN <15 Digit Acknowledgement Number>. You will receive another text from the TIN-NSDL confirming the status of your PAN Card.
Checking the PAN Card with Phone
If you wish to track the status of the PAN Card via phone then you can simply dial 020-27218080. You can speak to the customer service executive between 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM and if you call out of this time range then you can check the status of the PAN Card using IVR.
These were the different ways to check the status of the PAN Card. For escalation of any other query, you can either call on the number mentioned above or you can even go ahead and make a complaint on email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I receive the PAN Card?
You will receive the PAN Card via Indian Post. It will be delivered to your primary address and it should be noted that you need to have an ID proof with you to collect the PAN Card. If you want someone else to collect the PAN Card on your behalf then also, you would need to give ID proof to the person who will collect it.
I changed my address on the PAN Card, Will I still receive the PAN Card on my address?
In case of address change, you will not receive a New Pan card. The PAN Card is only given if there is a change in photo, signature, name, date of birth or parents name.
Will I get the tracking number when the PAN Card is dispatched?
Yes, you will be getting a tracking number once the PAN Card has been dispatched. It should be noted that the PAN Card is sent via Indian post and hence you can check the status of the PAN Card to get the details of the tracking number.
The New PAN Card I received has errors, what do I do?
In this case, you will have to request a correction in your PAN Card. The form that needs to be filled for this is 49A or 49AA. The procedure is similar to that of applying for a new PAN Card.
I am Unable to Track PAN Card. Help..!
If you are not able to track the PAN Card then you need to call the helpline numbers listed above and request the executive to track the status for you. The executive will be able to give you more details about the same and hence he will be able to tell you why you are not able to track the PAN Card.
Also Read These:
- How to Change or Update Address in Your PAN Card?
- PAN Card Documents List for New Applications and Old Corrections
- How to Surrender Your PAN Card or an Additional PAN Card?
- Know Your PAN Jurisdiction A.O. & How to Change it?
- How to Get Urgent New PAN Card Within 48 Hours (2 Days)?
- PAN Card Customer Care Number, Office Address, Toll-Free Contact Number