Paytm came as a digital payment platform in India and it gained a lot of popularity during the demonetization in 2016. It was an instant hit as it made it easy for people to transact. With growing popularity, Paytm decided to enter the banking space and it was given a license of a Payment Bank by RBI.
Since then, Paytm Payments Bank came in existence. Before we move further, we would like to tell you that Payment Banks cannot issue credit cards and loans to the people,however, they can offer services like internet banking and debit card.
If you also have an account with Paytm Payments Bank and if you would like to apply for the Debit Card for your bank account then you are at the right place as we have listed the detailed process to apply for Paytm Payment Bank Debit card in this article.
Follow the process listed below to apply for Paytm Payments Bank Debit card.
Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card (Digital Card)
If you have opened an account with Paytm Payments Bank then you should know that you get a free Digital Debit Card with your account. You can access your debit card easily by going to Paytm Payment Bank and if you do not know the procedure then you can check out the steps listed below
- Open the Paytm App on your mobile phone and click on the Bank button from the bottom right corner.
- On this screen, you need to select Digital Debit Card and this option will display the Digital Debit Card for you.
- This way, you can check your Debit Card Number, CVV Code and even Expiry Date for your Debit Card. All these details can be used for online orders.
If you would like a physical card which can enable you to withdraw money from an ATM then you can move on to the next section where we have listed the steps to apply for a Physical Debit Card with Paytm Payments Bank.
Steps to Apply for Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card (Physical Card)
- To apply for Debit Card, you can start the process by launching the Paytm App on your mobile phone.
- Once the app has been loaded, you need to tap on the Bank Icon. This icon is present at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You will now see several options on this screen. You need to scroll down and from all the options displayed, you need to select Digital Debit Card. This will now display the Digital Debit card for you.
- Under the Digital Debit Card, you will notice an option for Request Your ATM Card. Click on the option and you will now be redirected to the order screen.
- You can select your address here and this is the address where the card would be delivered. Once you select the address, you will be prompted to make a payment of Rs 125. This is the amount that needs to be paid to get the Physical Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card.
- Once the payment is made, your Debit Card order will be processed. You can use the app to track the order as well.
You are now aware of the procedure to apply for the Paytm Payments Bank Debit card. It is also important to know the charges associated with the Debit card so that you are aware of the deductions that are going to be there in your bank account. Let us now have a look at these charges.
Charges Associated with Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card
There are certain charges associated with the financial services that you take from the Bank. The same is the case with Paytm Payments Bank. Refer to the charges listed below so as to understand the deductions that you might face.
- Issuance Charges for Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card – Rs 125
- Annual Charges for Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card – Rs 100
- Issuances Charges for Paytm Payments Bank Digital Debit Card – Nil
- Annual Charges for Paytm Payments Bank Digital Debit Card – Nil
- Charges to Replace the Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card – Rs 125
- Free ATM Transactions for Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi – 3 Transactions
- Free ATM Transactions for Other Cities – 5 Transactions
- Cash Withdrawal Charges after Free Allowance – Rs 20 per Transaction
- Charges for Generating Mini Statement, Balance and Changing Pin – Rs 8 Per Transaction
These were all the charges associated with the Paytm Payments Bank Debit Card. It should be noted that Generating Mini Statement, Checking Balance and Changing PIN is a part of transactions and hence it should be used carefully. Also, it is better to check these details online. You can also change the PIN using the Paytm App.
For any other information, you can contact the Paytm Payments Bank on 0120-4456456 as this is a 24 x 7 customer care number.