Aadhaar Card has now become the fundamental of every Indian citizen. It is required to be linked to the PAN Card and it is also required to be linked to the mobile number and bank account. Today, it is not possible to do anything without Aadhaar card as it is also mandatory to have an Aadhaar card to avail the benefits of the government scheme.
Table of Contents
What is an Aadhaar card?
Aadhaar Card is a new and secure identity proof document In India. It is a 12-digit unique identity number based on citizen’s biometric and demographic data.
How to Apply for Aadhaar Card Online / Offline 2019
You must already be aware of what Aadhaar card is and what are the uses of Aadhaar Card. What we are assuming is that you are looking for the procedure to apply for the Aadhaar Card through Online and Offline mode in 2019. So, we are not going to waste your time and we are going to get down at the point. We have listed the procedure to apply for the Aadhaar card through offline mode below.
Before we begin sharing the offline procedure, we would like to tell you that it is mandatory for you to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Center to apply for Aadhaar card. The government doesn’t allow the online application yet as you need to get the biometric scans done at the centre.
Now, you can follow the steps listed below to apply for Aadhaar card through offline mode.
Steps to Apply for Aadhaar Card Offline
=> You need to visit the nearest enrollment centre to apply for the Aadhaar card. Now to check the address of the enrolment centre in your area, you can visit the UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/ and then click on Enrolment and Update Centers in Banks and Post Office.
=> The direct link to find the Aadhaar enrolment centre is https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx. From here, locate the enrolment centre that you wish to visit. You can obtain the form from the centre or you can download it online. The link to download the Aadhaar card is https://uidai.gov.in/resources/enrolment-docs/downloads.html
=> Fill in the form with a ballpoint pen and also attach the relevant documents with the form. You would need to attach a proof of identity, proof of address, proof of birth and proof of Relationship. The list of valid documents is listed on the form.
=> Submit the form at the enrolment centre and the agent will create an online entry for you. They will also take the biometric scans and once the details have been entered, the acknowledgement slip will be given to you.
=> The verification will be done and the Aadhaar will be posted to you at your residential address once everything is complete.
This was the procedure to apply for Aadhaar Card via Offline medium. You can check the status of your application by visiting the UIDAI website and by entering the enrolment ID that you received during the enrolment. For any complaints, you can reach out to the UIDAI Helpline at 1947. You can also email them at email@example.com or you can file a complaint via UIDAI Portal by navigating to the Grievance Center on the website.
Check Aadhaar Update & Correction Status 2019
Once you apply for Aadhaar Card, it takes at least 2 weeks for the Aadhaar Card to be generated and delivered to you. It can take even a month in this procedure and hence it is important to keep checking the status of Aadhaar card. There had been cases when the details on the Aadhaar card have been printed wrongly. In such a case, it becomes important to check the details on the Aadhaar card as soon as you get the Aadhaar card.
If you wish to change any details on Aadhaar card because of change in details or because of misprint then you can use the UIDAI website to get the details updated. You can also visit the Aadhaar centre to do so.
Just like enrollment, updating and correction also take time and in this article, we have listed the procedure to check the status of Aadhaar update and correction request. Below is the process for your reference.
Steps to Check Aadhaar Update & Correction Status
- Start by visiting the UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/
- Once the website is displayed, scroll down to the section for Aadhaar Update. You will see two links over there. One option will be for checking the status of the updates that have been done online and the second option will be for the updates done via centre.
- For Updates Done Online – If the updates were requested online, click on Check Status – Update Done Online. You will now be prompted to enter the Aadhaar Card Number. Once that is done, enter the URN or SRN number as well. After the details have been entered, click on Get Status and you will be able to check the status online.
- For Updates Done Offline –If you requested the updates offline, then click on Check Status – Update done at Enrolment Center. Once the page is displayed, enter the enrolment ID from the acknowledgement slip and click on submit button. The status will then be displayed on your screen.
How to Download Aadhaar Card 2019
If you have already applied for the Aadhaar card and if you recently notification from the Aadhaar website that your Aadhaar card is now available for download then you can go to UIDAI website to download the online version of Aadhaar card.
You can also go ahead and download the Aadhaar card if you lost the physical copy of the Aadhaar card. The same can be printed and used just like you were using the original copy. Today, in this article, we are going to share the process to download the Aadhaar card via UIDAI website with you.
Steps to Download Aadhaar Card via UIDAI Site
- You can start the process by visiting the UIDAI Website. The link to the website is uidai.gov.in
- Scroll down on the page and you will see a section from Aadhaar enrollment. From the section, click on Download Aadhaar. This will now take you to a new page where you can download the Aadhaar card from.
- You have two options here. You can either enter the Enrolment ID or you can enter the Aadhaar Number. With the new feature, you can also download the Aadhaar card with the use of virtual id.
- Once you enter the reference number, also enter the name, pin code of residential area and the captcha code. You can then click on request OTP button to trigger the OTP request.
- On the next screen, you can enter the OTP to authenticate the request. If you already have m-Aadhaar App and if you wish to use TOTP then you can use that as well.
- Once you submit the OTP, the Aadhaar card will be downloaded in the PDF Format on your system. It should be noted that the Aadhaar card is password protected and hence you would have to use the combination of the first four letters of the name along with the year of birth to unlock the Aadhaar card
- For example – If your name is Sushil and if your year of birth is 1976 then your password will be SUSH1976.
This was the process to download the Aadhaar card from UIDAI website and you must only use the official UIDAI website to download the Aadhaar. Using third-party apps or third party websites may lead to data breach.