Being one of the largest public sector banks, SBI has a lot to offer. The bank has different services for different needs. You can avail services like a loan, insurance, investment solutions and much more with help of the SBI Bank. Credit Cards are another service which is offered by SBI Bank and the main advantage of having an SBI bank Credit Card is the offers that you get with it. In addition to this, IRCTC also offers cashback while booking tickets with SBI Credit Card. All this makes it attractive to get an SBI Credit Card
If you already have the SBI Credit Card and if you are worried because you just lost your credit card then don’t be worried. You can block your credit card instantly and we have listed the procedures to get the SBI Card blocked.
Below are the different methods to get the SBI Card Blocked and you can check out the steps one by one below.
Table of Contents
Steps to Block SBI Bank Credit Card using IVRS
Just like other banks, SBI also lets your block the Credit Card with help of the IVRS. You can call the phone banking numbers for SBI and once you call the number, you will be redirected to IVR Menu. Select the appropriate menu and you will be routed to a customer care agent to block the card.
The agent will seek some of the details from you and he will block the card. The contact number for SBI IVRS are 1860 180 1290, 1800 180 1290 & (STD Code) 3902 0202
Steps to Block SBI Bank Credit Card using SMS
If you wish to block the credit card with help of an SMS then you can do so in SBI. In order to block the SBI Credit Card via SMS, you can follow the steps listed below
- Send an SMS on 5676791 and this message should be sent from your registered mobile number.
- The content of the message should be BLOCK XXXX. It should be noted that you must replace XXXX with the last 4 digits of your credit card number.
- On sending the message, you will receive a reply from the bank confirming that your card has been blocked.
Steps to Block SBI Bank Credit Card using Internet Banking
Follow the steps listed below to block the SBI Credit card using Internet Banking:
- To block the Card, you can visit https://www.sbicard.com:80/creditcards/app/requests/report-stolen-page/0 and login to this page with your SBI Card credentials. If you have a saving account with SBI then you can also visit the SBI website and login to your account.
- Now, navigate to Cards and then click on Lost or Stolen Card to block the card.
- In this step, you can select the card number which you wish to block. Also, enter the response for getting a replacement card.
- Click on submit button and validate your request to block your credit card.
With this, the credit card will be blocked instantly and you will also receive a message confirming the same.
Steps to Block SBI Bank Credit Card using Mobile Banking
If you wish to block the SBI Bank Credit Card with help of the Mobile App then you can follow the steps listed below
- You must have SBI Card Mobile App for this and you must already be registered. So, to begin the process, initialize the app and login to the app.
- From the top left corner of the screen, click on the Menu button and then tap on Service Request to start the procedure to block the credit card.
- From the list of options, tap on Report Lost/Stolen Card. Here, you will now be select the card you want to block.Also, request a replacement of the card from here.
- After entering all the details, click on the submit button and the card will be blocked.
These were different ways to block the SBI Card. Remember to block the card as soon as you realize that your card has been misplaced.
In addition to this, if the card is stuck in ATM then also, you must block the card. Lastly, never share your login credentials, OTP and Credit Card PIN with anyone as this may lead to fraud or an unexpected loss.